Why Ignoring Video Marketing is Hurting Your Business
In September of last year we started to notice the upward trend in Video Marketing. People’s attention was no longer grabbed by still image ads and was moving towards video. This trend didn’t stop and we revisited it a couple months ago with “5 Tips to Propel Your Video Marketing”
Now, if you’re not utilizing video, it’s hurting your business.
The Impact of Video Marketing
The impact of video is everywhere. If you’re still not swayed to start here are a few statistics showing that Video is the way to go:
- According to the Aberdeen Group, businesses who use videos have a 27% higher click through rate and 34% higher web conversion rate than businesses who don’t.
- Videos on Twitter are 6x more likely to be retweeted than a photo. A video is 3x more likely to be retweeted than a .gif (animated image)
- Facebook videos receive an average of 135% more organic reach than photos.
- 10 billion videos are watched don Snapchat daily.
And these videos don’t have to be long. As we covered in our 5 Tips post, average video length should be between 30 seconds to a minute in length depending on platform.
Some Easy Ideas to Try
If you’re new to Video Marketing it may seem like a daunting task. But that’s okay! There are several things you can do to test the waters that will be a big hit with your audience.
- Record Thank You videos from you and your team to send out to clients and partners. This will add a nice personal touch to what usually feels like a very impersonal transaction. Hearing your voice makes the Thank You feel much more genuine than seeing your picture on a post-card!
- Film short testimonials from past clients and agents. Reading a five-star review is great. Hearing one is even better!
- Use Facebook Live or Twitter to broadcast a short Q&A about your industry. This exclusive window to get questions answered will generate a lot of views!
What About Production Cost?
Do you own a smart phone? Good news, you’re already set!
Current smart phones take videos at such a high quality that you’ve already done the purchasing you need! Unlike as little as five or ten years ago, equipment costs are now much more affordable. Great results can be achieved by purchasing a 10 to 20 dollar tripod for your phone.
Simple video editing software like Windows Movie Maker is available from Microsoft, though most phones have applications that allow for editing video without needing to download the video file onto your computer first.
Record, edit, post all from your phone and you’re making waves in the Video Marketing world!
At Absolute Mortgage
Here at Absolute Mortgage we have our own Video Production Studio! Videos are complimentary and our team you can learn more about our Production Studio by watching this video. Or if you’d like to schedule an appointment, you can email our team at email@example.com.